How to Waitlist a Class
To waitlist a class at George Mason University follow the steps below:
- Login to Patriot Web by entering your NetID and Password
- Select the Student Services tab and then click the registration link
- Click on Search for Classes and then select the term you’d like to search for from the drop down and then click submit
- Select the applicable subjects. Note: You can also modify your search by campus location, course level, or instructor. Click “Class Search”.
- Copy or write down the CRN of the course you wish to register for. Note: The CRN (Course Registration Number) can also be used to register with the Course Worksheet.
- Go back to the Registration page and Click on: “Register, Add or Drop Classes”
- Enter in all of the CRNs of the courses you wish to register for and then click on Submit Changes to register for all of those classes
- Click on the drop down bar and select “Wait Listed”. Note: The number of other people on the wait list will be listed under the status of the class.
- Click on Submit Changes to finalize wait listing for the class
- Be advised, you may not wait list for a course if any of the following apply: You are already registered for another section of the same course. You are already on a wait list for another section of the same course.
- You should check your wait list status daily in anticipation of an override, as once it is given you only have 72 hours to register for the course (this includes weekends). Additionally, an automated e-mail from the Registrar’s Office will notify you of your wait list override once an override has been granted. To check your wait list position at any time, or to manually check for an override, click on the “Registration Status, Time Ticket, Override Notification” option of the “Registration” menu. For more information on using your wait list override, see How to Register with a Wait List Override.